Monday, July 30, 2012

Food and shopping

The topic of food was a request from my mother so here goes...
I have been able to enjoy a good amount of different food whilst here. Friday night we ate fish and chips! So yummy! The chips were bought from a place called 'The Sea Spray'. They came all wrapped up in brown paper and had to be served with a spatula because they were all stuck together. (P.S.- There can be some confusion here so... (English) chips = (American) fries-kind of but not really, and (American) chips = (English) crisps, just so you know) I think fish and chips is my favorite meal I have had so far.

Nath and I took a train to Birmingham Friday night. It was my first train ride. Like! We walked around town and said "cheers" to a nice native. We then sat in front of this big screen they had set up in the middle of the city to watch the olympics opening ceremony. Everyone was cheering like mad at the start and I was even forced to stand during the singing of 'God Save the Queen.' It was really fun overall.

Saturday we woke up about 11:30, because we stayed up so late Friday. After breakfast we left for Solihull town center and walked about. We ate at Greggs and had sausage rolls and a chicken bake. I liked the chicken bake better, it tasted like chicken roll up. Sausage rolls are a sausage in a pasty or pastry.

I found my wedding shoes at the mall! For £8. That's like $12! They are cute and flat and purple. I also found a belt at the same store (H&M) for £3. Bargain! We went and walked around a park that was so beautiful. I love the landscape here. It is so green and gorgeous. very unlike anywhere I have lived. We ate curry that night. It's a big thing over here, I guess. I ate the more tame sauce they made for the children. I am just not a huge fan of curry. Too bad, I know.



No comments:

Post a Comment