Monday, September 22, 2014

Oliver at SIX months



          Oliver turned 6 months so we had a little half birthday party for him! My family was passing through town so they were able to be there. We sang to him while he looked at us with a very bewildered face then we pushed his cake close enough for him to get a little lick. Yum!  

          Oliver is just not one to stay still. He is reaching milestones so quickly! He has started sitting up this month and doesn't seem to be slowing down. He is such a determined little kid. He was never really interested in getting around by rolling. I can probably count on one hand the amount of times he has by his own free will and choice rolled over! I think he thinks he is too "grown-up" to do something so degrading! Haha! Silly kid-o! He has also started talking really softly when he is ready for bed. It like a cute little whisper, saying "Mom, I'm really quite tired. Could you please put me down?" Its pretty adorable.

wincing at bubbles
                  You may have noticed that this month I changed the title from "Ollie" at _ months to "Oliver." This is because we almost NEVER call him Ollie. It is so strange to me because I just love the name Ollie and I called him that for like the last 3 months of my pregnancy. I guess he just came out more like an Oliver, at least for now. Actually I think he came out more like a "GOPS" because that nickname has stuck for months now! I think its kinda funny and cute.

Oliver sharing a smile with Uncle Matt
                We went to the Ranch for the 4th of July this year and had a fabulous time despite a nasty flu virus sweeping Zinn Ranch! Oliver got to meet nearly all my aunts, uncles, and cousins on the Zinn side. We had  a once in a lifetime opportunity to have sacrament meeting on the lawn at the ranch because of the sickness that slowly took out nearly everyone at the reunion. We had the sacrament passed by my adorable cousins (so glad they are all worthy!) and then we had a testimony meeting. It was so wonderful to hear the testimonies of my family members and to get to spend some time with them! What a great month!



1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of him chewing on the chalkboard. haha He's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete