Wednesday, March 5, 2014

We're Preggo!

             I’m PREGNANT! Nathan and I are now expecting our first child. We are so excited! I am only about 6 weeks pregnant so its still very new. I found out I was pregnant Tuesday, May 21, 2013. A few days before, I had felt the symptoms I believed to be PMS, so I was pretty sure I was not pregnant. How very wrong I was. I took the pregnancy test while Nathan was at class because I was sure it would be negative I just wanted to be 100% sure. I did what needs to be done and I saw the positive line appear. I could not stop staying “holy crap, holy crap, holy crap!” I could not believe it. I was so excited! 
             I was supposed to meet Nathan in just an hour for devotional but I wanted to tell him I was pregnant in a cool way. I decided on what I wanted to do but I needed more time so I had to sit through devotional without telling Nathan I was expecting. It was so hard! It seemed like everything he said was a perfect lead into… “I’m pregnant!” , like “How’s the weather?” and “Man, I miss Preston.” See how tempting it was! Anyways, I managed to keep it together until the end of Devo. 
             I went home and began baking a cake. When the cake was done I began writing, “We are Pregnant!” but the cake was smaller than I thought so it became, “We’re Preggo!” When Nathan got home we ate dinner and then I told him I made dessert. I pulled the cake out of the freezer (he might have seen it earlier if it was in the fridge) and I handed him the cake. The cursive “We’re Preggo!” was a little hard to see on the cake but he got it pretty quick. He said, “Really?!?” then he hugged me. We are so excited! (I wrote this post when I was 6 weeks pregnant I just didn't get around to posting it til now)
We did not eat the part of the cake touched by the pregnancy test!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, love the part about you managing to not tell Nath despite the obvious lead in's!

    ReplyDelete